Today, the kids didn't have school for MLK day, so we played. We met Nathan for lunch at Steak & Shake and the kids all had double steak burgers and fries with onion rings and an apple/grape plate. Mackenzie kept saying, "how can you eat this much?" They also had a HUGE shake each. I was surprised by how much Dayton and Mackenzie ate. They both just about finished their steak burgers. While at lunch Nathan and I found out that Mackenzie is paying Alexa to teach her how to play the recorder. Apparently, Mackenzie is getting quite the bargin at $.01 a lesson. When I tried to encourage Alexa to not charge her sister and to teach her for fun, Mackenzie informed me that, "Everyone has to make a living." I am just curious as to how Mackenzie is making her fortune. After lunch I took the kids to the church to play in the gym. They brought their beach balls and had fun hitting them around for a while. We played soccer for a little bit. Dayton and Alexa against me and Mackenzie. Dayton was quite proud of his blocks when I was trying to score. Mackenzie fell once when she was trying to run while kicking the ball and she tripped over the ball. She hurt her knees but got back up, with some encouragment, and kept playing. I kept giving Alexa handicaps to make the teams a little more fair. At one point she had to walk, not run, with her hands behind her back so Mackenzie could at least get the ball half way down the gym. She got upset and decided I was not being fair. SO....I sat on the stage and watched. They kicked the ball to each other for a while and I think had a good time. I love days off from school. I love to have my kids home and we are able to decide what we want to do and not have to worry about homework or hurrying up because the bus is coming. I just really enjoy having my kids around. Now that does not mean that I am always completely patient with them but I honestly like to have them home.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun. You guys are such fun parents. I am so excited you have a blog. It is so much fun learning new thing about your family.
Post a Comment