Today we went to the Goodwill. It is my favorite Goodwill store because I find the best deals here. So as we were finding clothes for Alexa, Mackenzie started looking at purses and she found one she liked. She wrote a letter to her dad to tell him about the experience and gave me permission to restate it here:
Dear Daddy,
Today we were supposed to go to the place where you feed birds. (the park place thing) See we did yesterday but the birds did not eat because it was late. TODAY I GOT A PURSE FOR THREE BUCKS! I have to pay mom back. It had money in it. I found it when I looked through it. It had $15.29. I was honest and turned it in. The lady FIRST said I could keep it (the money) but then she went to the manager (boss) but he or she said I couldn't have the $15 but I can have the $.29. I was going to buy the purse from the fifteen but it got taken to people whose houses had been burned down, etc. So that's what you get for being honest: BLESSINGS
Sincerely,
MRP
I love you Daddy.
I am so proud of Mackenzie and her willingness to be honest. I really wish she would have been given the money because she did do such a good thing but she is right... Blessings come from doing the right thing... just not right when you think they should.
Dear Daddy,
Today we were supposed to go to the place where you feed birds. (the park place thing) See we did yesterday but the birds did not eat because it was late. TODAY I GOT A PURSE FOR THREE BUCKS! I have to pay mom back. It had money in it. I found it when I looked through it. It had $15.29. I was honest and turned it in. The lady FIRST said I could keep it (the money) but then she went to the manager (boss) but he or she said I couldn't have the $15 but I can have the $.29. I was going to buy the purse from the fifteen but it got taken to people whose houses had been burned down, etc. So that's what you get for being honest: BLESSINGS
Sincerely,
MRP
I love you Daddy.
I am so proud of Mackenzie and her willingness to be honest. I really wish she would have been given the money because she did do such a good thing but she is right... Blessings come from doing the right thing... just not right when you think they should.


5 comments:
I am a purse junkie. I had one favorite store but they must have a new manager because they've all been boring the last few seasons. I found a super cute christmas one in pittsburgh last winter. I'll take that girl purse shopping any time! You gave me a new idea of where to look tho.
What a good girl!! I wish she could've kept the money too! I miss your kids!
I love that she saw blessings in it. 29 cents? Is that the blessing? Or is she counting on future blessings? She's so darling.
I'm glad you are back in town. Just the air of Fishers, Indiana, feels better. :)
I have to say, Mackenzie is TOTALLY honest. She told me the truth today at church when some other girls weren't...I'll explain later. (don't worry, it's kinda lame, but it proves your point). But, yes, she is an honest girl. Nate cuts your hair? WHAT?! The man has skills. I wouldn't let Cody touch my hair with scissors...ever!
I have enjoyed reading your blog and learning about your family. You are an amazing Mom and I can see why your children and husband adore you! I hope all is well and that one day we can get our families together and "bond". You are amazing!!!
Post a Comment