Thursday, July 31, 2008

According to my kids

I saw this post on the blog of one of my dearest friends and I was
intrigued as to what my kids would say when asked the following questions.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Alexa: "Because"
Mackenzie: "Kenzie boo boo"
Dayton: "life isn't fair"

2. What makes mom happy?
Alexa: Not fighting
Mackenzie: "When I am obedient"
Dayton: "When we all get along."

3. What makes mom sad?
Alexa:When we don;t get along
Mackenzie: When we make messes
Dayton: When we fight
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Alexa: When she tells us stories about when we were little.
Mackenzie: When she does funny dances and tickles me
Dayton: "There is no way"
Apparently I never make Dayton laugh, which I must say is a fallacy. He laughs a lot with me, he just had a brain freeze.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Alexa: "I don't know."
Mackenzie: "Little with long hair, I know from pictures. She was good."
Dayton: Playful
6. How old is your mom?
Alexa: Thirty- four
Mackenzie: Thirty- two
Dayton: Thirty-three

7. How tall is your mom?
Alexa: 5'8'
Mackenzie: 5'4"
Dayton: Five point feet

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Alexa: Shop
Mackenzie: Read
Dayton: Cook
I don't know how Alexa came up with shopping. I am not a shopper.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Alexa: Talk on the phone
Mackenzie: Read, nap, and cook
Dayton: Cover up presents

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Alexa: Most stores shopped in one day
WHAT? Are you kidding me?
Mackenzie: Cooking
Dayton: Shopping for sewing stuff
Again, are you kidding me. I can't sew to save my life.
What would I be doing shopping for sewing stuff?
11. What is your mom really good at?
Alexa: Cooking
Mackenzie: Playing the piano and singing
Dayton: Cooking
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Alexa: Sewing
Mackenzie: Sewing
Dayton: Playing video games
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Alexa: Take care of us
Mackenzie: Take care of us
Dayton: Be a mother
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Alexa: Cilantro Dressing (Yes, this is yummy, but my favorite food...come on)
Mackenzie: Pizza
Dayton: Mac and Cheese
None of my kids came even close to my favorite food...Mexican!
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Alexa: When she dances funny dances
Mackenzie: She's a good mom and a good cook and all those other good things
Dayton: When she makes my dinner
I don't think Dayton really understood the question.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Alexa: Wilma Flinstone
Mackenzie: Snow White
Dayton: Jerry, from Tom and Jerry

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Alexa: Dance and listen to music
Mackenzie: Flashcards
Dayton: Go shopping

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Alexa: We are both girls
Mackenzie: We have the same eyes
Dayton: We have brown hair

19. How are you and your mom different?
Alexa: She likes make-up and dressing up and I HATE it!
Mackenzie: She puts on make-up and I don't
Dayton: I'm littler that her
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Alexa: She takes care of me and helps me
Mackenzie: She takes care of me
Dayton: She helps me read

This was fun and eye opening for me. I highly recommend the experience.
If you want to take the tag, do it!

No comments: