Friday, March 21, 2008

Colorful Easter Eggs


The Nortons invited us over to color eggs today while the kids had a day off from school. I must admit, I have deprived my children of this great experience for several years (Dayton, his whole life) because I don't like hard boiled eggs. I can't stand the smell of them and the thought of even making deviled eggs is more than I can take. Thank goodness Traci likes them and was willing to let us invade. Even if she didn't like hard boiled eggs, Traci would make them just to give her kids the experience. She is an awesome mom.
Dayton and Mackenzie both ate their first hard boiled egg and they liked it. Alexa has eaten them in the past and quite frankly, she likes everything. I think I will have to plug my nose and just make them occassionally for my kids...I might be on my way to being a good mom:-)

The kids had a great time mixing colors and adding designs to their eggs. Quite the creative bunch, for sure.

2 comments:

Rebecca Banner said...

We don't make those type of colored eggs because of the dyes of course. I did make some with onion skins that were this really cool brick red. I have natural colors but to do them all would be way more trouble than i wanted to get into. So i just picked one and had onion skins. I'll post it on my blog when i get to easter so look for it.

I like deviled eggs. We also like pickled eggs in beet juice. YUM!

Rebecca Banner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.