Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy "10th" Birthday, Alexa!


Wow, 10 years. It really doesn't seem
like that long, okay some days it does,
but really 10 years ago today I became
a mom. I have spent some time the last
few days thinking about Alexa and her
upcoming birthday I have had fun
thinking back on experiences we have
shared. I am so grateful for Alexa in my
life. She brings a joy and enthusiasm to
so many things. I couldn't have asked
for a better oldest daughter.



Alexa loves to hear stories about herself
from when she was little. So, in honor of
her birthday, I wanted to share some of
her favorites.

Just before Alexa tured 2 we were trying
to ween her from her "binki." She was in
her big girl bed and we had shut the door
to her room when we heard her knocking
on the door saying, "I out now mom, pease."
Then she pushed her "binki" under the
door and said, "pease, mom."


When Alexa was about 4 I had put her
down for a nap and thought she was
sleeping. When I went back to check
on her I found she was not sleeping
at all but had completely undressed
herself and was dancing around her
room with a pull-up on her head.

Now, this story is embarrassing for me but, it
is a funny story. Alexa was about 4 and had gotten into
a little trouble. I had gotten out the wooden spoon and
swatted her bum, not too hard, I promise. A couple of
days latter we were at the home of a friend who had some
dishes drying in a dishrack, one of which was a wooden
spoon. Alexa came over to my friend and pointed to the
spoon while saying, "poon pank a bum-bum, poon pank a
bum-bum." I, of course, was mortified. I must say I have
not used the wooden spoon as a disipline tool since, I promise.

More recently, and not embarrassing, Alexa has had
opportunities to express her testimony of the Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She has amazed
Nathan and I with her knowledge of the gospel and her
determination to stand up for what she knows to be true.
Not just to her peers but to adults as well. We are so proud
of her and the example she is to us and to her sister and brother.


I love you, Alexa. I can't wait for what is yet to come.

6 comments:

Rebecca Banner said...

You're kinder than i am with that spoon! Mine still gets used. :):):)

Rebecca Banner said...

Dear Alexa,

It's me Nick, your primary friend from the Canton Ward. My mom showed me your pictures and I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. You are now a double digit midgit just like me. (He said he has no clue what that means but i call him that so he just repeated it).

Rebecca Banner said...

Happy Birthday Alexa!!!!!!

Lyndee said...

Happy Birthday Alexa! Those were the cutest stories, I love the binky one. Alexa is so dang cute. I love all the pictures of her.

Amy said...

That was such a sweet post about Alexa. She really is a special one. She was such a cute baby. That cake turned out so awesome! Way to go Jaime...so creative.

Kae said...

I can't believe Alexa is already
10. I remember playing with her at the village. Time does fly! Happy birthday Alexa