Despite my best efforts, Alexa has inherited the procrastination gene. She came home from school yesterday and informed me that she had to complete a 2 page report on artifacts from the Native Americans. The problem: she didn't have any information to start compiling this 2 page report. My first instinct was to let her get a bad grade and learn a lesson for not getting her work done sooner. However, I was even more frustrated with our phone/dsl provider than I was with her. At about 4pm on Thursday our Internet and phone service died, for the second time this week. So now Alexa couldn't even attempt to find information online for her report. Our plan of attack: I went to mutual and took Mackenzie to activity days. Nathan took Alexa and Dayton to the library to find information for her report. When we all finally made it home last night around 8:30pm Alexa had little more information that when she left earlier and a 2 page report to still write. She went to be and I awakened her at the lovely hour of 6am. She did get the paper written and she did do a good job. I helped her type to speed up the process. My complaint to Nathan: Couldn't she have at least inherited my lack of procrastination in addition to your intelligence?
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I empathize with you! Although, if procrastination is the biggest price you have to pay for all the other fabulous qualities and talents that Alexa brings to your family and everyone she knows, you are stil getting one heck of a deal. (I know you already know that.)
Sounds like another super mom! These are the late night and early mornings that Alexa will remember! We had a late night last night too. The plus side.. She did her own report! Maddy didn't help make her poodle skirt one bit!
We had that a few months ago as well with a report. *I* had to read a 100 page book in one day PLUS do a poster explaining the plot and give clues to the book. *I* got an A. :) I get sooo irritated with Nick and his school work but he just wasn't blessed being a preemie and having educational problems. I don't pity him i just get mad. Not sure how that kid is going to make it in the world.
You are a great mom for helping her. She will remember this forever. You know whats funny. I remember the times when I was scabbling to get things finished and my mom would help me more than the times that it went smooth.
Post a Comment