Monday, March 31, 2008

The Drum Set


Much to my dismay, when I read a post on the Fishers LDS email list regarding a free drum set, I agreed to see if it was still available. It was and as of last night we became the owners of a drum set. Our kids are thrilled. As of yet the noise has not been too bad and in my imagination I see our 3 children bonding closer together as they pursue their musical talents and one day start a band and perhaps have their own special on PBS, just like the Osmond family... okay, yeah right. I woke Alexa up this morning by playing the drums (they are in her room right now). Needless to say, she was not very appreciative of my drumming abilities. Mackenzie came running into her room with a big grin saying, "Good morning, Daddy. I mean Mommy." She, for once, was quite pleasant in the morning. I'm sure our family has many more adventures in store with the drum set....i promise to post if we are going to be on PBS:-)

4 comments:

Rebecca Banner said...

Can't beat free! No pun intended. :)

Traci said...

You are a loving, kind, generous, perfect mother.

Lyndee said...

I love it! I bet your kids were in heaven. I can see it now
{THE PAGES} on PBS. You are so cute,I love that you woke them up by playing the drums. They are going to have so much fun.

Tara said...

Dan tried briefly to talk me in to calling about the drum set, but I'm not as nice as you are! Maybe they should bring their act to the Primary talent show :)