
Carthage Jail, next to the window that Joseph Smith fell out of after being shot. On our way out of town we drove through Carthage. Then headed back to Fishers and our routine life. It was so nice to spend some time away from the normal.

The temple at night. I wish I had a better camera. This really doesn't do it justice.

The kids experiencing what school was like in Nauvoo.

The printing press. Dayton was in just the right spot to help the sister missionary crank the lever to push the ink onto the paper.

The Norton's and us are related to John Taylor. Distantly related, but as a result of this bit of information our kids have found it necessary to tell people that they are cousins. Due to the fact that we love the Norton's we are happy to call them family, however distantly we may be related. While visiting the John Taylor home the kids told the Sister Missionary that we were related to John Taylor and she pulled out "the book." All Taylor relations are invited to sign "the book." We are supposed to know what generation we are...which I obviously need to do some work to figure out....but the kids were super excited to sign.
1 comment:
I love all your postings about Nauvoo. We went there when we moved west. I hope to go make w/o babies!! there is so much more to do. I LOVE the handcart posting. Putting that on my to do list NOW!
Post a Comment