Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break 2010

The Norton's came with us to Nauvoo. This was our first "friend" vacation and we had a blast.

Getting our instructions from the missionary.

At first, almost every kid wanted their own handcart....are you kidding me?


Monday morning we woke up early and we were on the road by 7am....On the road to where? Nauvoo Illinois! We rolled into town just after lunch and got our instructions for the pioneer trek at the Visitors Center. Then we headed over to pick out our handcarts (one per family) and got our instructions and we were off. All that is except me...due to my recent back injury there was no way I was going to be able to ride in, pull or push a handcart. At first, I have to admit, I was a little happy to not have to go and get all dirty and sweaty. But as my family left me behind, I had another thought. I really don't ever want that to happen, here on earth or in the next life. I don't want to be left behind. It made me a little sad as I laid in the back of the car. So...I am determined to do all in my power to make it back with to be with my family forever.

1 comment:

Sara said...

What a fantastic trip! I loved reading all about it. But it made me way too sad -- we miss you guys!

Everybody looks great! I hope your back was okay during the fun.