We made rice crispy treat eggs and then dipped them in chocolate and added sprinkled. They turned out cute and were fun to make and even more fun to eat.
The kids had a blast dyeing eggs this year. I found a kit that let you make tie dyed eggs...messy, yes, but fun, for sure. Dayton's fingers looked like he's dipped his fingers in every color of dye.
Due to my not feeling well...Easter was a little different than I had wanted it to be in my head. We were able to enjoy watching General Conference. Our tradition is to eat the food from our 72 hour kits over conference weekend. It sure made food prep easy for me. The kids found their Easter baskets and are on a candy "high." I realized that as we sat in our bed this morning talking about the real meaning of Easter that sometimes....less is more. There were no new Easter outfits, no fancy meal, no elaborate anything but we all know why we celebrate Easter. If there is anything I could give to my kids it would be to know who they are without any doubt. How grateful I am for my Savior. I know He is my elder brother and that he loves me. I know he suffered for me, he knows my pain and heartache, my joy and happiness. I know he lives. I know he is a resurrected being who stands ready to help me make it back to live with my Heavenly Father again some day. I know we are never alone and no one is without hope.
I have spent that last 2 years feeling incredibly guilty for not scrapbooking the pile of photos I have sitting in my closet. I have the best of intentions just not a lot of time. So...as I have gone through denial, guilt, hopefullness, and just plain neglect I was inspired by several friends who have convinced me that blogging is the answer. I must confess, they are right. I love that I can sit down and quickly jot down some cute story or memory and then share it but more importantly save it for my kids to enjoy one day as they are able to remember the silly, crazy, tender, and sometimes stressful moments we have shared.
1 comment:
we saw those eggs on TV and thought they looked like fun.
Post a Comment